Friday, March 23, 2012

Strange Land with Strange Inhabitants

   Having visited the University, I noticed some things. The overwhelming desire I had to burp or change a diaper, not that I saw any diapers.  Anyone my age, were they fellow students or should I pay them off because they may be a future Professor?

   At my age we hug people, we are no longer held back as in our 20's.  Have these young inhabitants passed or lost that social barrier or was it a hugfest?  I felt a deep desire to see a plastic surgeon.  The urge to scream "I DON'T DYE MY HAIR!  SEE, NO GRAY!" was great but 20 year olds wouldn't care and older women might beat me up.

   It is becoming apparent it is also harder to get into the University.  Steps, staircases, walking for miles to find buildings with more steps and staircases.  And, of course, this map that is so small I need my reading glasses to read and then it's iffy.  Okay, I was going to refer to the steps you have to take to register for classes.  But remembering the sound of a box of Rice Krispies following me, that I couldn't see, gave me other thoughts.  This is my blog so I said it.

5 comments:

  1. As always, your writing is pretty unique and enjoyable. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I will be majoring in English with emphasis in Creative Writing, I feel it necessary to let you know that you should never end a sentence with a preposition. And thank you my love, for your not impartial thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, you are SO weird. But good idea of a pink background. Pink goes good with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. That is why you have to practice reading it my dear. Teachers in upper grades won't print.

      Delete